WELCOME to PICO ARMOR!
PicoArmor is a website dedicated to war gaming at the 1/600 scale. We are offering Oddzial Osmy (O8) miniatures and our 3mm buildings as leading products. We also carry Brigade Models excellent 'Small Scale Scenery' line of 2mm (1/900 scale) buildings that blend in very nicely on the gaming table as towns and villages with the 3mm miniatures.
New August Releases from O8 are Here!
The new August O8 releases arrived and are in stock. Check out the New Products section to see what came in.
Pico will be one of the on-site vendors at three conventions this year. We will be at Little Wars (listed under GamesPlus), Historicon, and What Khan. The dates and locations are listed below:
What Khan Oct. 21 - 23 @ Rockford, IL
Pico has a Facebook page that you can access! The address is: www.facebook.com/picoarmor. Please join us there and post up any photos or comments you would like to share! Thanks!!
Less Than Pack Price Changes
Due to the growing volume of orders for less than pack quantities and the increased time and labor required to put them together, we have had to raise the pricing for these. With the price changes we also had to drop some categories of less than pack as well. We regret this change but could no longer offer this service at the old rates.
Out of Stock
We are currently sold out of the following item(s):
Miniatures: BW-614 (Leopard 2A1/A4)
Terrain: PT-2-HS-10c (Monopoly houses with chimney) / SSS-8067 (Apartment Blocks) / SSS-8057 (Roman Buildings)
Decals: GB-600-2 (British Type A1 Roundel) GB-600-3 (British Type B Roundel) / GE-600-1 (German Balkankreuz) / GE-600-2 (German Balkankreuz) / IQ-600-1 (Iraqi markings) / US-600-1 (WWII US Star w/Red Center) / US-600-2 (WWII US Star, Blue) / US-600-4 (US Stars late war) / US-600-5 (USAF high-visibility markings) / US-600-7 (Navy lettering) / US-600-9 (USAF lettering) / US-600-11 (USAF low visibility markings) / JA-600-1 (Japanese Hinomaru w/white border) JA-600-2 (Japanese Hinomaru w/out border) / FR-600-1 (French Roundel) / VI-600-1 (North Vietnamese markings) / RU-600-1 (Soviet/Russian Stars)
Shipping Charge Changes
Due to the last four postal service increases, we have had to finally increase some of our shipping & handling charges. We have attempted to keep these to a minimum. Also note that the break point for free shipping has also risen - $75 for domestic and $150 for international. Our apologies for these necessities.
Hussari, 15mm Si-Fi
Some of you have been asking about what the new Hussari figures in the 15mm Si-Fi line represent. I checked with Marcin, stating that I assumed they were an interpretation of the Polish Winged Hussars, and this is what he sent back:
"The Hussari indeed have their roots in the look of the Winged Hussars from the XVII Century. They are designed as a heavy assault infantry unit cooperating sometimes with NVL light infantry. I had nothing specific in mind when making the wings. They can be force field generators, part of a decoy system, a kind of jump-pack, or just there for a cool look."
Looks like you are all free to interpret the "wings" freely as to how you utlize them in your gaming. Enjoy! Also, there are more Hussari figures coming up in the future.
Due to the ongoing and inconsiderate intrusion of real life distractors we remain planning additional expansion of the web site but not quite able to complete the projects. Please bear with us.
- Updates to the links page as some of you have noted several are no longer functional.
- Hoping to see the photo gallery back up at long last by the end of the year with lots of old and new pictures.
- John S. continues to hope to post up a couple of tutorials on painting and basing the O8 minis.
- Trimming Sprues. We often receive questions about the material used in the casting of the O8 line of miniatures. Marcin uses an aluminum-zinc alloy for these. It tends to be much harder than what many makers use. Consequently they can be brittle and gun barrels will sometimes snap off when you try to remove sprews and flashing.
We recommend the use of actual wire snips to do this. For those with access, the model we use is the Sears Craftsman 45660 Professional. We get good clean cuts with it.
- Web Oddities. We continue to find odds and ends of data that get garbled as work is done to the web site. We have catch some of these things but not always. If you find items that are missing information or have something that does not make sense, please let us know so we can update it properly.
- The Johns
Updated: 18 August 2016