Smaller Miniatures • Bigger Battles

suntzu777
Registered Member
Registered Member
Topic Author

Operational Level Rules

Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:06 pm

I have based these on the Panze8 rules but they have been heavily modified , i have used a 30 bases/$21 format especially for those people who are just starting out and want to play a game at a slightly higher level as they fit in a level between what the Panzer8 base set is and its operational/strategic level

pz8 btn actions.pdf
(79.16 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
I have slightly modified some of the modifiers and have uploaded a new version and have pushed the rules into the modern era

hope you all have some fun with them

Manycubes
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Operational Level Rules

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:19 am

Interesting. Without having play tested them I like the general feel, but the formation rules seem a bit ambiguous and could complicate what would otherwise be a simple set of rules.

Hmm also the Aircraft\Logistics role seems a little random and harsh. If a player rolls a 1 and his opponent rolls a 20 his supply points would drop by 19 which is close to half the starting points of 50. 2 or 3 unlucky die rolls could end the game.

suntzu777
Registered Member
Registered Member
Topic Author

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:52 pm

True the logistics are tough I wanted players to get stuck in rather than hang about , as to the formations I wrote them with market garden in mind , I guess the need to be played and see what happens

john4picoarmor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:14 am

Mr Sun,

Thank you for these.

I have also mess with semi-abstract logistical and reconnaissance rules. Let me give them a proof-read and them I'll link them here.

There is always a struggle between abstraction (read play-ability) and detail, One hopes there isn't one poor player having to be the assistant in larger games :)

Thanks,
John

Mr. Average
Registered Member
Registered Member

Thu May 18, 2017 1:32 pm

I recommend Strike Legion Planetary Operations - its logistics are very abstract to focus on combat, but the system feels pretty good and straightforward, with lots of little bits that can add on to make the game your style. I'm presently basing my figures for double duty with both SL: Tactical and SL: Planetary Ops.

If you're up for big combat, SL:PO seems like a good option. If you want something logistically heavy, though, it's probably not.