Smaller Miniatures • Bigger Battles

Last_Stand
Registered Member
Registered Member
Topic Author

American Civil War Rules

Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:09 pm

my mother recently found some papers of a relative who died in the civil war during the battle of bull run. This sparked my interest and I'm wondering if anyone has any rules they can recommend.
Solo rules will be a big plus.

bmdlone
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: American Civil War Rules

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:20 pm

I have Alter of Freedom and just purchased Fields of Battle 2. Alter of Freedom is a big picture rule set. I have played it single and it seems fine. But then again I'm in the middle of no where and don't have many options. FOB has many remarks about being pretty good at single player because it is event card driven. It should be noted FOB covers a vast spectrum of musket warfare and the PDF is only $10 from the writer direct. My .02s.

Last_Stand
Registered Member
Registered Member
Topic Author

Re: American Civil War Rules

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:24 am

I have Alter of Freedom and just purchased Fields of Battle 2. Alter of Freedom is a big picture rule set. I have played it single and it seems fine. But then again I'm in the middle of no where and don't have many options. FOB has many remarks about being pretty good at single player because it is event card driven. It should be noted FOB covers a vast spectrum of musket warfare and the PDF is only $10 from the writer direct. My .02s.
Thanks, I will look them up.