ODDZIAL OSMY RELEASES
PicoArmor is pleased to announce that new Oddzial Osmy releases are now in stock. You can scroll below to check out descriptions and direct links, or go here and check them all out at once (without descriptions).
SA-6127 Su-24 Fencer (4 pcs)
The Sukhoi Su-24 (NATO reporting name: Fencer) is a supersonic, all-weather attack aircraft developed in the Soviet Union. The aircraft has a variable-sweep wing, twin-engines and a side-by-side seating arrangement for its two crew. It was the first of the USSR’s aircraft to carry an integrated digital navigation/attack system. It remains in service with the Russian Air Force, Ukrainian Air Force, and various air forces to which it was exported.
SA-6128 Su-34 Fullback (4 pcs)
The Sukhoi Su-34 (NATO reporting name: Fullback) is a Russian twin-engine, twin-seat strike fighter. It is intended to replace the Sukhoi Su-24.Based on the Sukhoi Su-27 ‘Flanker’, the two-seat Su-34 is designed primarily for tactical deployment against ground and naval targets (tactical bombing/attack/interdiction roles, including against small and mobile targets) on solo and group missions in daytime and at night, under favourable and adverse weather conditions and in a hostile environment with counter-fire and EW counter-measures deployed, as well as for aerial reconnaissance.
WWH-6120 Panzergrenadieren I (15 pcs)
WWH-6121 Panzergrenadieren II (15 pcs)
The term Panzergrenadier had been introduced in 1942, and was applied equally to the infantry component of Panzer divisions as well as the new divisions known as Panzergrenadier Divisions. Most of the Heer’s PzGren. divisions evolved via upgrades from ordinary infantry divisions, first to Motorized Infantry divisions and then to PzGren. divisions, retaining their numerical designation within the series for infantry divisions throughout the process. This included the 3rd, 10th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 20th, 25th, and 29th divisions. Others, such as the Großdeutschland Division, were built up over the course of the war by repeatedly augmenting the size of an elite regiment or battalion. The Waffen-SS also created several PzGren. divisions by the same methods, or by creating new divisions from scratch later in the war. A number of PzGren. divisions in both the Heer and Waffen-SS were upgraded to Panzer divisions as the war progressed.
The Panzergrenadier divisions were organized as combined arms formations, usually with six battalions of truck-mounted infantry organized into either two or three regiments, a battalion of tanks, and an ordinary division’s complement of artillery, reconnaissance units, combat engineers, anti-tank and anti-aircraft artillery, and so forth. All these support elements would also be mechanized in a PzGren. division, though most of the artillery, anti-tank, and anti-aircraft elements were equipped with weapons towed by trucks rather than the relatively rare armored and self-propelled models. In practice the PzGren. divisions were often equipped with heavy assault guns rather than tanks, due to a chronic shortage of tanks throughout the German armed forces. A few elite units, on the other hand, might have the tanks plus a battalion of heavy assault guns for their anti-tank element, and armored carriers for some of their infantry battalions as well.
WWH-6122 StuH 42 (15 pcs)
In 1942, a variant of the StuG Ausf. F was designed with a 105 mm (4.1 in) true howitzer instead of the 7.5 cm StuK 40 L/43 cannon. These new vehicles, designated StuH 42 (Sturmhaubitze 42, Sd.Kfz 142/2), were designed to provide infantry support with the increased number of StuG III Ausf. F/8 and Ausf. Gs being used in the anti-tank role. The StuH 42 mounted a variant of the 10.5 cm leFH 18 howitzer, modified to be electrically fired and fitted with a muzzle brake. Production models were built on StuG III Ausf. G chassis. The muzzle brake was often omitted due to the scarcity of resources later in the war. Alkett produced 1,299 StuH 42 from March 1943 to 1945, the initial 12 vehicles were built on repaired StuG III Ausf. F and F/8 from autumn 1942 to January 1943.
WWH-6123 Nebelwerfer 15cm (15 pcs)
The 15 cm Nebelwerfer 41 (15 cm NbW 41) was a German multiple rocket launcher used in the Second World War. It served with units of the Nebeltruppen, the German equivalent of the U.S. Army’s Chemical Corps. Just as the Chemical Corps had responsibility for poison gas and smoke weapons that were used instead to deliver high-explosives during the war, so did the Nebeltruppen. The name Nebelwerfer is best translated as “smoke thrower”.
Allied troops nicknamed it Screaming Mimi and Moaning Minnie due to its distinctive sound.
WHU-607 42M Toldi II (15 pcs)
During the early phase of World War Two, in Yugoslavia and during the early phase of the summer campaign against the Soviet Union, the Toldi showed excellent qualities. But, later on, fundamental shortcomings quickly appeared, notably when facing the T-34 and KV-1 tanks. The 20 mm (0.79 in) gun proved inadequate and totally ineffective against their armor. From 1942 onward, despite the arrival of the Toldi II, the Hungarian infantry still had to fight against a growing number of such Soviet tanks with the same increasingly ineffective anti-tank weapons, which led to proposals of conversions and tactical shifting.
The Toldi II only received increased frontal armor, up to 30 mm (1.18 in), but was nearly identical in many aspects. In all, 110 were made. Later on, the Toldi IIa introduced a licence built 37M 40 mm (1.57 in) anti-tank gun, highly accurate and with good muzzle velocity. This considerably increased their antitank capabilities. The tanks were further modernized in 1942, but the expected full upgrade never took place, and what was done consisted in replacing the 37M with the 42M main gun. From beginning of 1942 until April 1943, 80 Toldi IIs were upgraded to the Toldi IIa standard. A logical step forward was the next generation Toldi III, with thicker armor (40 mm/1.57 in glacis and mantlet) and the introduction of spaced armor. However, due to the deteriorating industrial conditions and Allied bombings, production came to a standstill and only 12 of the new 43Ms were delivered.
WHU-608 41M Turan II (15 pcs)
The Turán was a Hungarian medium tank of World War II. Based on the design of the Czechoslovak Škoda T-21 medium tank prototype, it was produced in two main variants: the 40M Turán (or Turán I) with a 40 mm gun and the 41M Turán (or Turán II) with a 75 mm gun. A total of 424 were made.